San Luis Obispo
Workplace Investigations Training
San Luis Obispo County Library
995 Palms Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93612
Oakland May 14-15
IDM & Workplace Investigations Training
Oakland Professional Development and Conference Center
1000 Broadway #109, Oakland, CA
Fresno March 26
Workplace Investigations Training
Clovis Veterans Memorial
808 4th St, Clovis, CA 93612
We accept payments by check, credit card and paypal.
Our first training is in March with a one-day seminar on Workplace Investigations (see below for description). In May, we present back-to-back seminars on Integrated Disability Management (IDM) and Workplace Investigations.
Integrated Disability Management (IDM)
This training combines legal expertise with practical HR approaches to help employers streamline their disability-related programs.
- The focus of the training will be how to navigate the interactive process while determining reasonable accommodations for disabled employees, managing absenteeism, and handling other complex leave and disability management issues.
- Our team includes an attorney who specializes in advising employers on disability accommodation and leave management and a former human resources director who has extensive experience administering integrated disability management programs for employers.
- We will introduce our firm’s Integrated Disability Management Program, a subscription service designed to help employers simplify and streamline their disability-related programs.
Workplace investigations can present daunting challenges for public and non-profit agencies. Conducting proper and thorough investigations takes skill, experience, and training.
- Learn effective strategies and techniques to avoid miscalculations that can lead to litigation, contested personnel decisions, and internal conflict.
- Our team of highly trained and experienced investigator/trainers will share their experiences and demonstrate investigative best practices and guiding principles.
- Teaching points derive from a combination of lecture, group participation, and an engaging interactive scenario with live actors covering all aspects of workplace investigations.
Nikki Hall is a partner with the firm and has more than 17 years of experience in employment law. She has special expertise in guiding employers through the process of finding reasonable and effective accommodations for disabled employees, as well as advising employers about state and federal leave laws. Ms. Hall spent the first eight years of her career representing employees in disability-related litigation. She brings the knowledge she gained as a plaintiff’s lawyer to the guidance she now provides to employers. READ BIO
Reanette Fillmer is a human resources consultant for the firm with over 25 years of experience in HR management. She has worked for several private and public section employers and most recently served as the Human Resources Director for Tehama County. She has extensive experience administering integrated disability management programs for employers. READ BIO
Workplace Investigation Instructors:
Jeff Sloan, senior partner and co-author of Conducting Effective Personnel Investigations, is an experienced investigator and former general counsel to PERB. He has more than 35 years of experience working with public sector employers and teaches at conferences across the state. READ BIO
Sabrina Thomas, senior counsel, practices employment law, specializing in employee disciplinary actions and claims of gender, disability, and race discrimination. She regularly conducts investigations into a broad range of allegations of workplace misconduct. READ BIO
Ivan Delventhal, associate attorney, has conducted workplace investigations into allegations such as discrimination, harassment, retaliation, theft and whistleblower retaliation. A former journalist, he brings a unique mix of training and experience to his investigations practice. READ BIO
Please contact us with any questions – we’ll see you there!