Ms. Koch has over 24 years of Human Resources related experience both as a public agency employee and as a consultant. Her experience includes classification and compensation studies, recruitment, labor relations support, training, grievance resolution, employee disciplinary procedures, and organizational planning.
Some of Ms. Koch’s recent accomplishments include:
- Acting as the Human Resources Manager for a public agency responsible all Human Resources functions and Employee Relations support agency-wide.
- Acting as a Senior Human Resources Analyst responsible for providing all aspects of Human Resources and Employee Relations support for Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Public Health services for a County government.
- Providing primary Human Resources support for a City Fire Department, Housing and Redevelopment Department, and Water/Wastewater Treatment Division and as needed support for Public Works, Community Services, Administrative Services, Community Development and Police Departments.
- Developing and providing training in Harassment-Free Workplace, the Affordable Care Act, Performance Evaluations, Disciplinary Procedures, Foundations of Customer Service, etc.
- Developing Human Resources policies and procedures and employee handbooks
- Writing staff reports and resolutions to go before council
- Conducting comparability studies for a variety of public agencies in California and nationally.
Ms. Koch has worked as a Human Resources professional for Sacramento County, the City of Napa, the City of Vacaville, Solano County and as the Human Resources Manager for the Town of Corte Madera. She has provided research and testimony regarding mitigation of back wages in arbitration hearings and before City Councils and in relation to factfinding for negotiation impasse procedures.
California State University,