Mr. Turko is human resources consultant with over 41 years of combined public sector labor relations and human resources experience. He works with our public sector clients on a variety of human resources issues including:
- labor and employee relations
- labor contract negotiations
- workforce strategic planning
- employee performance management
- human resource and labor relations policy review and development
- recruitment and selection
- employee benefit administration
Prior to joining the Public Law Group Mr. Turko has served as both a labor union and public sector management executive-bringing him unique perspective and experience in the field of labor management relations.
Mr. Turko served as Human Resources Director for the counties of San Diego, Solano, San Joaquin, and Butte. Prior to serving as a Human Resources Director Mr. Turko also served as Director of Employee Relations and Benefits for Sacramento County, and as Director of Employee Relations for the Sacramento City Unified School District. Before serving as a management representative Mr. Turko worked for 12 years as a labor negotiator and administrator for several labor unions. His last labor union assignment was with the California State Employees Association (SEIU Local 1000) where he served as the chief negotiator in negotiations with the state of California.
Mr. Turko has extensive “hands-on” experience in public sector contract negotiations and grievance administration and has worked with the PERB staff under the MMBA, EERA, SEERA, and HEERA. He also has extensive experience in workforce development and succession planning activities that have assisted employers in developing their internal workforce. His Mentor Partnership Program design having recently won a national recognition award from the National Association of Counties (NACO) for excellence in workforce development.
- County Personnel Administrators Association of California (CPAAC)
- California Public Employers Labor Relations Association (CalPELRA)
Awards and Honors
- Past State President CPAAC; Bow Tie Award Recipient
- Recipient of 2013 CalPELRA “Moving Forward Award” for Innovative Leadership in California Public Sector Labor Relations